CSIT- Aesthetics, Design, and Branding: Week 3 Part A

 CSIT- Aesthetics, Design, and Branding: Week 3 Part A


This week I learned how important branding is and how you should constantly be focusing on how your brand is going to be conceptualized through the different ways you design your content. I will be looking at 4 different brands and analyzing and or commenting on their branding efforts.


Penny Juice: 

The first brand I am analyzing is Penny Juice, which seems to be a childcare juice company. When I got my first glance at the site, it looked a little busy and hard to pinpoint where to look at first. The site is quite bright and has a lot of different sized fonts and logos, as well as a large number of bright colors; which can be a little hard to read. The website was also very wordy, and I believe that a normal customer who doesn’t know the brand would most likely not want to read through it. 

I do feel that the brand itself is a professional brand, but this is due to the fact that I went deeper into the site and analyzed that they had different connecting factors like social platforms, nutrition facts, and a working phone number. But, for my first impression, the sight looked a little too childish, and I feel that they were trying to appeal to the customer but instead resulted in a site that looks a little too busy. 

I think that they have a great layout and concept of their brand, and they do look like a legit company. However, I feel that if they picked a 1 to 2 key colors and had those as accent colors, as well as made their information more condensed and concise, it could benefit them majorly. 


Gates N Fences: 

At first glance of this brand, I believe that it is a gate system for the security of the home. One thing with this site is that there was so much additional text that was the same font size, my eyes didn’t really know where to go to get the information that I needed. As well, the site had several small pictures that were very hard to decipher with all the information that was being thrown at me. Lastly, I feel that the site didn’t have great alinement, and it was not clear to see what information may have been the start of a new idea. 

This site did not look professional at all; the design of the site itself was displeasing to read, as well as the fact that I was not completely sure what the product was within the first couple minutes, also the domain of the site said that it was not secure, which can make anyone on the site feel that it is untrustable. 

If they condensed their information and added bold headings, I believe it would help their site a lot. As well as eliminating some of the busy colors and utilizing colors instead of as a way to draw people in. Lastly, adding 2 or 3 key photos would look a lot nicer, than having 10+ that make the site look messy. 


Apple: 

At first glance, the Apple site was easy to read, pleasing with their colors, and ultimately clean. They designed their site with black, white, and one accent color being blue, which made the site very easy to navigate. They also used limited yet impactful pictures to get their point across. Also, they used font size in the correct way, with headers, subheaders, and body text. 

All in all, I feel that this website seems very professional because they get their point across in a clear and coherent way, instead of providing to may pictures and text to overwhelm the customer. 

When coming onto the site, it was a much easier experience than the other 2. The design of the site makes me want to scroll and discover the site rather than get off the site. Having a simplistic site caused me to be able to easily grasp the information being provided to me. 


Toyota: 

At first glance, this site also had similar pleasing characteristics to the Apple site; It was easy to know what information I was supposed to read first, and if I wanted to learn more about where to go. As well as the black and white color combo with an accent color now being red. But also in addition this site had a promotion that they wanted us to see, and therefore put it at the home page with a clear header and body text. 

This site as well came off very professional, due to the basic design of it. They have a lot of additional information but it is all tucked away for if you want to learn more or shop the cars, which I feel is very important. Instead of throwing information at you, they are taking the key information and putting the rest somewhere easy and accessible. 

When being on this site I feel like it was very easy to use as well as read, and it was also very easy to navigate. 


All in all, I feel that to have the best site for your brand, you need to be sure to have everything look clean, concise, and clear. Also, it is important to stay away from to many colors, pictures, or text. Additional information should be accessible but only if the customer wants to read on. Resulting in a site that the customer wants to continue reading. 


Other Bloggers, I Commented On: 

Courtney’s Blog: https://csit-155-fa20-ccooper.blogspot.com

Jessie’s Blog: https://csit155-fa20-jessief.blogspot.com

Kyle’s Blog: https://csit155-fa20-kylej.blogspot.com

Maggi’s Blog: https://csit155-fa20-margaretn.blogspot.com

Chase’s Blog: https://csit155-fa20-chaser.blogspot.com

Kelly’s Blog: https://csit155-fa20-kellyz.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular Posts