Developing A Brand: Week 3 Part B

 Nike, Apple, Urban Outfitters, Vogue... These are all well-known brands that have brand recognition, clear branding, and cohesiveness throughout their branding, website, and social media. However, all of these brands started at the ground level; developing their core mission, how they wanted to be presented, and their colors, fonts, and aesthetics that make them the household brands they are today. 

When in the development of my current brand The ArtJive there were several things that played their part in the creation of it. The thing that I believe sets the tone for a brand and starts to bring the idea of it to life is through your mission and vision, or your 'why'. The 'why' of your brand is what keeps the motivation and momentum moving it can be anywhere from; "I want to start a clothing line and show my art", 'I want to help people discover who they are", or even "I want to provide the best coffee in town." Whatever drives you and keeps you to keep moving is what your mission should be. The vision, mission, and tag line all play hand and hand in the development of a brand. 

The ArtJive's tag line is, "Providing a platform for experiences to be turned and expressed into art, community, and connection." With the company, the mission is to push towards the sustainable approach to fashion and the elimination of fast-fashion, the normalization of mental health, and the giving back to our world and community.

Another thing I think is one of the most important things in developing a brand is having a brand kit. Which is compiled of fonts, color schemes, and inspiration. This is how you want your brand to be perceived and presented to the public. During the development of The ArtJive, I was very inspired by Wes Andersons color palettes and based a lot of my colors off of his movie 'Moonrise Kingdom.' As well I wanted to keep the brand clean and sophisticated. I pulled a lot of inspiration from Vogue and the fonts they used. Also during the process, I used a lot of Pinterest boards to create a board that would evoke the mood I wanted to promote on my brand. All of this helped in the creation of my branding kit.

Last semester I enrolled in a Business Plan Development class, and this proved to be such an important component to bring an idea of a brand together on paper. This brought attention to a financial plan, a marketing plan, as well as where I want to go with my brand. It is a way to have your brand explained step by step diving deep into each of these categories in a clean and presentable manner. 

With my brand currently, we are launching a new collection of reworked pieces this week to promote sustainable fashion. As well, we are collaborating with an artist on this collection to supply a platform for the artist's artwork to be sold and presented. 10% of all proceeds of this collection go to a mental health organization, 'Bring Change To Mind' to normalize the discussion of mental health. This collection brings together all the key components of The ArtJive and presents it to the public in a swift way. 

Until next time,

Izzy xxx

Comments

Popular Posts