Using Hashtags on Instagram: Week 8 Part 1

 Using Hashtags on Instagram:

The ArtJive: The Artjive is my business and I believe that my business is strongly supported by visual support and social media content. Without the tools to provide videos, photos, and details on my brand I would not be able to reach my audience at a broad spectrum and execute my ideas of the brand in the way I wish. Visual media is key for my brand to get its products across as well as its name and branding across. My brand would not benefit from a non-visual approach.

Society6:  Society6 is a brand that utilizes Instagram and has made a great impact on this platform as a brand. They have a large following coming out to 754k followers and 4,555 posts. They seem to post about every 2 days. They do a great job of branding as well as showcasing their artist's work on their account. They get the best response from posts that have to do with their brand which is art, they posted a photo of a dog recently and it only got 1,000 posts as opposed to some art photos that reach over 7,000. Something strange about this brand is that they do not seem to use hashtags. I feel that this is something that would make their brand grow even more. In this instance, I find that it is a learning experience for me to utilize hashtags more. As well, taking some good from their socials, I want to make my posting all very relevant to my brand.  

Urban Outfitters:   Urban Outfitters is an example of a brand that used social media as a tool to get their brand's name out to different audiences, even though they are already very established. They have a very large following of 9.3 million followers however they have been posting for a longer time with around 12,255 posts. They showcase many aspects of their brand through home decor, clothing, and art. Most of their posts have only one hashtag, being something in relation to their brand like; #UOHome. This is an example of a brand that has been very consistent with their posting, content, and quality that they put out. I can take away and learn from the cohesiveness of their brand, to further portray in my brand.

Flower Child:   Flower Child is a very unique approach that I have not seen a lot of on Instagram, and this is a restaurant being on Instagram and doing a great job of promoting. This account has 96.6k following on Instagram, and have 1,382 posts. This amount of followers for a restaurant is very good. They have a hashtag #iamaflowerchild in their bio which is such a great way of marketing. As well, on their posts, they add about one hashtag that is prevalent to the post and the content within it. I see many brands have hashtags that are set and planned and don't have much to do with the content inside of it. So, I learned to grab the audience you are wanting, use hashtags that are relevent to your content. 

Art Behind Walls: The next brand I researched is a very powerful non-profit, Art Behind Walls, and it is to supply coloring books to inmates. They are a great example of utilizing hashtags within your posts, and using more than just one. They keep their hashtags very broad and direct, hoping to reach the audience they are trying to draw in. Some hashtags may be; #art #artistic #prisonart #coloringbook#nonprofit #bethechange. As well, I can see this is helping due to engagement in photos as well as their following of 12.8k. I have learned from them to be direct and concise in the hashtags you use. 

MPS Creatives: This next brand is one that I have been involved with and seen the great tactics in growing their brand. They are monthly photoshoot events for young artists to get together and create art through photography. They are on the smaller side with 615 followers, however, their engagement at events, and the amount of people it reaches is very impactful. With this, I looked at the hashtags they use; #777luckyfish #localwolves#bokehlicious #seekingthestars#skyhighvibe #mpscreatives#bleachmyfilm #moodyfilm#adolescentcontent#quietthechaos #pulsefilm#l0tsofbraids #rsa_portraits#discoverportrait #tangledinfilm#portraits_today #portraitfolk#portraitsfromtheworld#peoplescreatives. Some of these hashtags kind of confused me, but also may have an important tactic to them. It makes me want to look even closer now at what kind of hashtags I see on a day to day basis. 


Here are some hashtags that I have come up with to help with my business: 

#sustainablefashionbrand #mentalhealthbrand #mentalhealthawareness #trendstyling #trends2020 #vogue #youthstyling #teenstyle #photoshootinspiration #theartjive #youngartistsofinstagram #youngdesigner #communitybrand #madebyartist #artistfeature #artjivemagazine #artmagazine #youthmagazine #sustainableart #mentalhealthtips 


Until Next Time, 

Izzy



Comments

Popular Posts