Online Tools Research: Week 12 Part B

 Online Tools Research:

I took this week to explore LinkedIn and creating a podcast that would be under Spotify and SoundCloud. I wanted to dive deeper into these social media platforms and gain a better understanding of them. 


The reason I chose these two social media platforms for this week's research is due to the fact that LinkedIn is something I am not super confident or familiar with, and at first, I thought it was something that I would not use for my brand. However, after doing more research I discovered LinkedIn research groups.  The reason I discovered this tool on LinkedIn is when looking through the options for this week's project and I saw that it said: “look into LinkedIn research groups”. When looking at LinkedIn last week I had no idea that they even had research groups. As I looked into it this week I saw one research group in particular that struck my attention. The Forbes research group was the first one that I saw many. It was very interesting for me to see these large brands who had research groups and utilized LinkedIn. As I explored more on this site I saw the different contributors to these research groups. This tool is something I could see setting up in the future with my brand for sure. 


The next social media platforms I explored more into were SoundCloud and Spotify. I first explored Spotify because I am interested in having a podcast on that platform however while looking into how to create a podcast on Spotify I learned you need to have a hosting social media platform to transfer your Podcasts to Spotify. What I mean by this is when creating a Spotify I would first need to create an account on either SoundCloud or Apple Music and then there I would reroute the podcast that I have made to Spotify through a code that I would need to do in the coding system. This seems like something that I could definitely see you doing for my brand. 


When I initially thought of a podcast I thought of expensive equipment, editing, and video software. It seemed like an expensive project however I was very interested in exploring a cheaper way to do it. After doing more research I understood that there are different levels of podcasting and very affordable ways that you can do it. This option of using both SoundCloud or Apple Music combined with Spotify gave me an affordable way in which to produce a podcast.


This week taught me how valuable it is to really look into what social media platform provides. I really got a new perspective on these sites in the way in which my brand can use them. It gets me excited and causes me to want to research more about all the social media platforms. The possibilities in the future with LinkedIn as well as Spotify have me knowing all the great ways in which I could use these platforms for my brand to further it and branch it out to different audiences. 


Until next time, 

Izzy

Comments

  1. Hello Izzy! While I have had LinkedIn for awhile, my goal is to be as comfortable with it as you are. I think that's amazing! However, I honestly never thought about Spotify in that way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts